Challenge Weeks four and five: Media and a Memory

When I was little I can remember spending countless hours playing with my Legos. My favorite type of Lego sets were the Lego Star Wars sets. I remember building them piece by piece until it was time to go to bed.
Whenever I had finished building one of my Y-Wing Fighters, or Jungle Speeders, I would bring out all of my other Legos and have a huge battle between them. I remember spending the whole day on a ‘special rescue mission’ and then the next on a ‘surprise attack’. At the end of the day when I put them away, I remember each one having its own spot on the shelf and how the had to be put up exactly like that.
As I got older I played with them less and less. They started collecting dust as I became interested in other things like sports, and video games. Now they are just a memory that I visit every time I look back at that shelf. These Lego sets were a part of my life, and I will never forget them.

Image credit: morgueFile

7 thoughts on “Challenge Weeks four and five: Media and a Memory

1. christophers222

I also loved Lego sets when I was I kid. I remember getting this 500 or so piece Sat Wars ship and it taking almost a month to build. I personally like the Indiana Jones sets more but Star Wars was up there.

Reply
  2. Jacob Pratt

When I was little I also played Legos! And I used to play with the Star Wars ones too! One tine I even built the Death Star! But the funniest part was making them all battle it out!

Reply
  3. zacha238

I also love LEGOS! I still use mine and I have knights instead of Star Wars guys. My brother uses all my old Star Wars LEGOS.

Reply
  4. williamb782

This is how I Lego: I smash them together, seeing which ones survive. Then I rebuild them. It’s the ultimate test of leggoing, because I don’t use the instructions. That means I’m awesome and you should give me all your Legos.

Definitely.

Yea…

So, when ever you feel like paying up you can just bring your Legos to school. Especially you, Ned.

Reply
  5. Kai

I also loved Legos as a child. Star Wars was also one of my favorite kind of sets and I still have six bathtub sized boxes filled with Legos and it’s just been sitting there for years. The great thing about Legos is that it’s not just one toy but you can practically build anything with them.

Reply